Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Empire Strikes What?

     I have been giving lots of thought to what I wish to post about. It is the official first post, so it must be eye catching and sensational. Um, ok then I think. Well loyal readers what does The Shadow know today? Well for starters I know a broken clock is right at least twice a day and if you do not brush and floss regularly your mouth will be like a sewer. I don't mean cool sewers like TMNT cool, but rather stinky scare away your friends and family kinda grossness. Alas, I digress. This weekend will be the next airing of how I geek with Greg and the gang. The topic of discussion will be a general conversation about geektitude. John will talk about the Adepticon experience as I add what little I know about the event through my one trip there last year. It wont be a Fast Times at Ridgemont High experience, but hey at least you can tap your toes to it. The show will be fun times for all and if not it's free, so you're only out time.

    So then what shall my topic of discussion be this day? I believe I will start off with Star Wars true believers. The first 3 (last 3 depending on how you look at it) were great. They were well written with great special effects. These movies in my humble opinion are timeless classics. The prequels on the other hand are so much crap they should be in the sewer with the sewer mouths of the world. I mean yes they do get pregressively better, but really is it enough? George Lucas single handedly manged to cut off his own nose to spite his face. He believed he had gold and to be damned what the fans think. Well my friend the fans are why you have all your money in the first place. Should we not be allowed to have some sort of imput here? Are we not part of the success story? Prick us do we not bleed? Alas Lucas missed an opportuinty to give quality to the next generation and fell short, like below the knees short. I will say that I do own these movies and even paid to see them in the theatre (though I wanted my money back after watching the first one). I liked the last 2 better then the first, with the last being the best. Still I think old George could have givien us better. There is one glimmer of hope in the distance and that is the Disney buyout and new movie to come out. What do you think? Does Disney have what it takes to save our dying world? For that answer only time will tell I'm afraid and the movie sitting in front of us. I for one hope that this new movie brings back that same sense of wonder and amazement I felt seeing the first movie, as a small child, on that drive-in movie screen for the first time. Tell me what you think. I can take it. At least I think I can... I dunno does this look infected, perhaps I need a shot... Well till next time folks pass the popcorn and let's see what is around that corner for us Star Wars fans. That my friends is what The Shadow knows for now. Peace out and I will see you again in a galaxy far, far, away...

4 comments:

  1. The Phantom Menace was crap. Revenge of the Sith was the best of the three. One thing that could have made them all better would have been the absence of Natalie Portman, I don't understand how she keeps getting work. Hayden Christensen was questionable as well but could have been better if he had more time to mauture as an actor.

    In all honesty, I don't think Lucas was looking at the first generation of Star Wars fans when he made the prequels, they were for an all new generation. The prequels were a huge success with that younger audience of fans. It's just sad that the Clone Wars series turned out to be better then the movies they were based on.

    The original trilogy minus all of the pointless additions and alterations is the definitive Star Wars for us and I have faith in Disney and JJ Abrams giving us some great Star Wars stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I could not stand her in Thor. As for young Mr Hayden I dunno. He has not really been in anything that I would consider successful. Only time will tell with him. Alienating his older fan base was certainly Lucas major downfall here and I agree whole heartedly with the animated series. I just hope Disney and JJ give us quality work. FIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Portman is hot, that is why filmed her duh. I am not a fan of one, two, or three. They had good fight scenes but the background stories suck the coolness out of the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her so called hotness I find most disturbing:). This is of course in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete