Thursday, April 17, 2014

Don't go running with blades you could get hurt!

     Well hello today true believers, for the next installment of The Shadow Knows. What do I know this day? Well I know that the stomach flu sucks and I am just getting over it ugggh! Tomorrow is the next episode of How I Geek with Greg and the gang. In this installment we will discuss our top 5 favorite weekly cartoons. This will be difficult for me due to the fact that I have soooo many. Alas I will muddle through somehow. It will be fun so give us a listen. Be there or be square.

     So now to the article at hand. Today I wish to discuss a recent interview with Harrison Ford from the set of the new Star Wars movie. In this interview he states that Ridley Scott is working on getting the sequel of Blade Runner off the ground. For those that don't know Blade Runner is a 1982 Ridley Scott classic, based on the novel by Phillip K Dick, titled  Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Ford plays a blade runner, whose job is to hunt down replicants who have gone rogue and are running amuck (amuck, amuck, amuck). To me this movie falls on the top ten must see sci-fi movies of all time. It was well written imaginative, and innovative for its time. So in my mind a sequel would be cool. The thing is I was always under the impression that Ford and Scott did not get along at all during the filming of the movie. So I am surprised to hear him say he is all for reprising his roll in another movie. I mean it is not like Ford is hurting for money, so he doesn't need this roll. Don't get me wrong I would love to see a sequel, but could it be that the movie is so far removed that a sequel is to little to late. I dunno if Ridley Scott has the chops anymore to make a movie of this caliber. What do you think Shadow fans? Do you think that there is gold here, or are the only nuggets to be found here the kind found in the bottom of your toilet. If a movie does make it to the big screen I will give it a watch, I just don't promise that I will fall in love with it. With all the major players returning it does have great potential, but so did the Star Wars prequels and look what we got there. Well true believers tell me what you think. I can take it. Till the next time I will see you in the shadows.

2 comments:

  1. I read that as well, it got me a bit excited. Blade Runner is something that I am ashamed to say that I have not watched from beginning to end since the first time that I saw it on cable television when I was a kid. We never owned it on tape or DVD. But yeah, it's definitely on the must watch list of sci-fi films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first directors cut version (the 2007 version is the best) we'll have to have a movie night.

    ReplyDelete